Once you have activated your account you will need to add our image tag to the Notify requester of comment update trigger.
Your image tag will be formatted as follows:
MY-ZENDESK-SUBDOMAIN is the subdomain for your Zendesk instance. The subdomain for myreadreceipts.zendesk.com is myreadreceipts.
PLEASE NOTE: A small percentage of email clients render the HTML you see above differently. If you see a < at the beginning of the pixel or a > at the end of the pixel please replace those with a < and > respectively.
Add the image tag to the Notify requester of comment update trigger:
- Click on the Admin ( the wheel or gear ) icon .
- Scroll down to the Business Rules section.
- Click on Triggers.
- Click on Notify Requester of Comment Update.
- Copy your Read Receipt Tracking Pixel Code from above and paste it at the BOTTOM of the Email Body.
- Click the Save button.
After you place your pixel, please verify that the Notify requester of comment update trigger has the following conditions:
- Ticket: Is Updated
- Comment: Is Present, and requester can see comment
- Requester: Is Not (current user)
After that, please do the following:
- Add the condition: Comment: Is Public as the last condition.
These settings ensure that the trigger only sends a read receipt pixel to the end-user when a comment is updated and should not affect any other conditions you may have added.
In order to prevent your agents from receiving an email every time a read receipt is generated go to the Notify Assignee of Comment Update trigger. Add the following condition under meet ALL of the following conditions:
- Comment Text: Does not contain the following string: MyReadReceipt
If your agents are generating new tickets without the customer making a request or in response to a phone call, you may want to also place the tracking code on Notify Requester of Request Received.