My Read Receipts is able to track email opens by embedding a 1x1 invisible image tag into the message once it is sent. When your recipient views the email and the images load, we create a private comment update on that ticket to inform the agent that the email has been opened.
My Read Receipt's tracking can sometimes be deactivated if the recipient's email client doesn't allow the tracking pixel to load. Here are a few examples:
- If the recipient formats their email in plain text.
- If the recipient doesn't automatically download images.
- If the recipient's corporate email filter strips away all images for incoming emails.
- If the recipient is scrolling through their inbox on a preview pane, but does not stay on the preview pane long enough for the image to load.
- If the recipient quickly opens an email on a slow connection speed but does not stay on the email long enough for the pixel to load.
This shouldn't happen often but can happen from time to time.